- Job ID:
- Foxborough, MA
Strategic Commodity Manager opportunity with a global product development, research, and manufacturing company who has expertise in polymer, chemical, and/or cellulose raw materials for a variety of technical industrial applications.
• Strategically manage raw materials spend across the corporation. Implement effective and reliable sources of raw material supply on a global basis, including a proven track record of results in domestic and international environments.
• Develop raw materials sourcing options as required to support applicable business units.
• Develop and build relationships with the supply base to ensure world class service and value. Gain supplier involvement to drive continual improvement.
• Monitor macro trends in supplier bases and implement plans to react.
• Lead cross-functional team in the proactive identification of potential alternative suppliers to drive continual improvement.
• BS Engineering, Business Administration, or Supply Chain Management – ideally Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Polymer Science (or equivalent Purchasing/Supply Chain experience in a similar industry).
• 4+ years’ experience in commodity management of raw material products
• MBA is a plus
• Strategic thinking, outstanding negotiation skills and a thorough understanding of supply-based management
• Strong financial acumen, thorough knowledge of the financial ramifications of contracts and implement measurement tools to show results
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills