- Job ID:
- Asheville, NC
Manufacturing/Supply Planner opportunity in Asheville, NC.
1. Develop and plan production schedules for 6 continuous flow production lines for daily, monthly and annual timeframes. Plan production, issue production schedules and manage changes to achieve customer demand and maintain target inventory levels.
2. Administer cycle count procedures; maintain and organize raw material storage locations
3. Communicate with sales to coordinate regular forecast updates.
4. Communicate with Production Manager to obtain production capacity and labor information, assuring the efficient use of line and equipment.
5. Coordinate value-add manufacturing at supplier sites, shipments to, receipts and reclass as new products and reconcile inventories.
6. Establish Working inventory and safety stock levels to meet forecasted monthly sales volumes.
7. Ensure raw material scheduling supports weekly and monthly production plans.
8. Determine delivery quantity and timing for raw materials; coordinating information with purchasing dept.
9. Incorporate new product development and process improvement trials into production schedules as needed.
1. Efficient utilization of equipment, production time and labor to meet sales requirements.
2. Achieve target inventory levels and Inventory Health, (Finished Goods + Raw Material)
3. Effective development and maintenance of short and medium term planning models.
4. Control RM inventory accuracy via cycle count administration, Receiving control, Period Physical Inventory Counts, and transaction analysis.
5. Develops material requirements plan and communicates closely with purchasing to assure proper amounts and timing of delivery to support plan.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• BS Business, Operations Management, Logistics, Supply Chain or related field – desired.
• 5+ years experience with Supply Planning
• SAP , J. D. Edward’s or similar ERP experience.
• Excellent communication and computer skills – particularly Excel
• APICS certification would be a plus