- Job ID:
- Charlotte, NC
Sr Project Manager – Chemical Process Systems/Equipment Engineering
Growing Chemical Process Equipment and Systems Engineering OEM in Charlotte, NC is seeking a Sr Project Manager to join their team.
– Project ownership from initial customer interface to equipment and system install
– Provide up-front support of sales engineers with customer requests to determine viable technical and commercial solutions and assist in the preparation of proposals as needed.
– Provide process engineering to active projects, including design and drawing development and review. – Maintain responsibility for the overall management of activities and serve as the primary contact between suppliers and customers for assigned projects as it relates to scope, design, costing, and schedule.
– Participate in project/production meetings with engineers/technical staff and provide continual follow-up and monitoring of open items until all project objectives are met.
– Provide processing engineering expertise to aftermarket group on existing systems and operational issues.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and/or Chemical Engineering
Ten (10) years of experience implementing fundamentals of chemical unit operations in a design or production environment in the chemical processing or related industry. Project management skills in schedule & cost forecasting/maintenance, and reporting. Key is ability to provide/ foster corrective action plans to minimize changes to the above.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
– Strong analytical skills with the ability to prioritize and manage frequently changing and/or conflicting productions scheduling needs; ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
– Proven ability to successfully manage projects up to $4M
– Comprehensive knowledge of mechanical engineering principles, concepts, practices and theories.
– Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PROJECT programs; experience with ERP systems desired. – Good knowledge of standard drafting practices utilizing AutoCAD and 3D software (SolidWorks preferred).
– Experience in piping and skid systems design, instrumentation and process schematics (P&IDs) preferred.
– Ability to interface effectively with diverse personalities at all levels of the organization.
– Exceptional time management, written, verbal and organizational skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
-Apply online or contact Nola Pearce directly: firstname.lastname@example.org